Vihara Maha Devi Girls’ Child Development Center
This center was established on 10th November, 1945, based on a concept and dedication of Professor Gunapala Malalasekara, former President of the All Ceylon Buddhist Congress.
This children’s center is dedicated to provide residential facilities, education, nutrition, sanitation and health and also to provide patronage for about 90 girls who need assistance and direct them to become virtuous children.
This is administered by a Management Committee, appointed and managed under the full supervision of the National Council for Childcare of the All Ceylon Buddhist Congress
Members of the Management Committee:
Hon. Chairman Wasanthi Siriwardhana.
Hon. Vice Chairman Ranjani Dabare.
Hon. Secretary Hemantha Adhikari
Hon. Treasurer W. M. Wijayawansha.