සමස්ත ලංකා බෞද්ධ මහා සම්මේලනය වාර්ශිකව පවත්වනු ලබන බෞද්ධාලෝක වෙසක් උත්සවය 16 වැනි වරටත් 2017 මැයි මස 10 වැනි දින සිට 13 වැනි දින දක්වා දින හතරක කාලයක් බෞද්ධාලෝක මාවතේ අති උත්කර්ෂවත්ව පැවැත්වීමට කටයුතු සූදානම් කරමින් පවතී.
මෙවර වෙසක් උත්සවයට සමගාමීව එක්සත් ජාතීන්ගේ වෙසක් උත්සවයද ශ්රී ලංකාව තුල පැවැත්වීමට නියමිත බැවින් මෙවර වෙසක් උත්සවයට විශේෂ වැදගත්කමක් අත්වන බවත් මේ නිසා ශ්රී ලංකාවට පැමිණෙන විදේශික බෞද්ධයන් හට ථේරවාදී බුදු දහම හා බැඳුනු අසිරිමත් වෙසක් උළෙලක් නැරඹීමට අවස්ථාව සැලසීමේ වගකීම අප වෙත පැවරෙන බවත් සිහිපත් කරනු කැමැත්තෙමි
බෞද්ධයාගේ ප්රධානතම ආගමික උත්සවය වශයෙන් සැලකෙන වෙසක් තෙමඟුල වෙනුවෙන් බෞද්ධාලෝක වෙසක් අසිරිය නැරඹීම සඳහා කොළඹට පැමිණෙන ලක්ෂ සංඛ්යාත ජනතාව සඳහා සර්වඥධාතුන් වහන්සේලා වන්දනාව, වෙසක් තොරණ, වෙසක් පහන් කූඩු ප්රදර්ශනය, උදාන ගී ගායනා, චිත්ර ප්රදර්ශනය, පුරාවිද්යා ප්රදර්ශනය, බොදු ගී ප්රසංග ආදී විශේෂාංග රැසක් සූදානම් කිරීමට පියවර ගැනේ
Bauddhaloka Vesak Festival – 2017, held concurrently with the UN Day of Vesak
All Ceylon Buddhist Congress is progressively and ambitiously planning to celebrate the Vesak festival this year for the 16th time on a grand scale alongside Bauddaloka Mawatha. Concurrently, plans are under way to conduct an International Buddhist Conference of the United Nations within the precinct of the Vesak Zone, at the BMICH. Theme of the celebration this year is, "To Spread Pure Buddhist Philosophy to the Whole World from Sri Lanka".
It is with great pleasure that we announce plans initiated by the All Ceylon Buddhist Congress in organizing the Bauddhaloka Vesak Festival this year for the 16th consecutive year at Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 7. The concept of Bauddhaloka Vesak zone was initiated by our late president Dr Milina Sumathipala in 2002, with the greatest difficulties while the LTTE war was at its peak. Since then, Vesak zones were started by many other religious organizations.
Even the United Nations day of Vesak, where delegations from over 85 countries are participating, will be held this year in Sri Lanka, concurrently with the Bauddhaloka Vesak Festival from the 10th to 13th of May 2017.
A string of special events to glorify this occasion, including exposition of Sacred Buddha Relics, Vesak Pandals, Vesak Lanterns and Art displays, Udana Songs, Archaeological exhibitions and Buddhist Carols are planned this year to adorn this Festival. This event considered to be the most prominent Buddhist festival in Sri Lanka, is expected to attract over a million-people travelling to Colombo to witness Vesak Celebrations.
This will provide an opportunity for the foreign delegates attending the World Buddhist Conference to be held at the BMICH to witness the way Sri lankans celebrate this grand event; sponsored by the business organizations and well wishers.
The official media sponsorship for the event this year is by the Sri Lanka Rupawahini Corporation and Lakbima News Papers (Pvt) Ltd.
- Expedition of Buddha relics brought to ACBC premises in a grand procession from Gedige Temple, Kandy and celebration commences by offering flowers and Gilanpasa at 6.30 am on Vesak full moon day.
- Program of observing Sil by devotees giving first priority to follow principles of Buddhism is the main item of the celebration. There will be sermons conducted by popular preachers of Buddhism along with meditation programs conducted in the main hall of ACBC from 6 am to 6 pm on Full moon day.
- Vesak Pandal: A grand pandal will also be erected on the ACBC premises depicting the epic story of Lord Buddha which would undoubtedly be patronized by large number of people of all communities.
- Display of Vesak lanterns: It has been planned to have a display of Vesak lanterns and a competition among lantern developers among school children and adults, during the festival. It is expected to get weak lanterns this year too that have been developed by the expert inventors of lanterns in the armed forces and the police.
- Vesak Carols (Udana Gee): There will be singing of Buddhist carols throughout the week night by the students of Buddhist schools in a special stage erected on the ACBC premises. Personnel from government organizations and the armed forces will also participate in this event to make it more attractive.
- Dansel (Food donations): There will be few Dansel (free food stalls) within the Bauddhaloka Vesak festival premises to provide free food, drinks and ice crème etc to all devotees coming from all over Sri Lanka to see weak celebrations.
- Painting Art/competition among school children:Anartist and painting competition will also be held on these premises among school children who will submit paintings to fall within the ambit of this religious event this year.
- Cultural display and the awards ceremony: On the 13th evening, a function will be held to display cultural activities attended by popular radio and TV artists, followed by the award ceremony for the winners of the various competitions held at the final event of the celebrations that have been lined up.
General public is most welcome to witness and to participate in these activities.
Official Address- 380, Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 7, Sri lanka.
Telephone:-011-2691695. Fax 011-2688517, e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com.
web site www.acbc.lk
පහන් කූඩු නිර්මාණ ප්රදර්ශනය
බෞද්ධාලෝක වෙසක් වැඩසටහන්
බෞද්ධාලෝක වෙසක් - 2561/2017